This site is owned by Great Bowery and may be accessed in the United States and abroad. Information collected may be retained, and may be stored, processed, accessed, and used in jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home jurisdiction.
This policy is effective from 5/1/2017.
1. What we collect: We may collect the following Personal Information:
• Name and job title.
• Contact information including email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interest.
• Other information relevant to customers
• When you register on the Website to become a member or registered use, we collect your e-mail address, a username that you choose and a password. We also collect (at your option) your website, phone, any other additional information you may volunteer. We may also automatically collect non-personal or clickstream information (“Anonymous Information”) from you when you access our Website. This can include, the type of browser you are using, the address of the website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the pages you visit on our Website, and the duration of your visit.
2. What we do with the Information we gather:
The Personal and Anonymous Information we gather from you on www.greatbowery.com helps us learn about visitors to the Site, our customers and potential customers. We use this information to personalize your experience, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, respond to inquiries and requests that you make. Additionally, for registered users, the Personal and Anonymous Information (collectively “Information”) we gather from you is used to set up secure user access and account to the website. All such collected Information is used for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the Information to improve our products and services, to process your transactions, to provide customer service, to perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, and to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences.
• We may periodically send promotional emails, newsletters, or other communications about new products, services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or other contact information which you have provided.
• We may also send you surveys or marketing emails to inform you of new products or services or other information that may be of interest. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included within each email communication.
• From time to time, we may also use your Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• We may use the Information to customize the website according to your interests.
• We may provide your Information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
• We may share your Information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, Information may be shared when we may engage third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website, and to perform Website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
• We may share your Information within our corporate group, including with our subsidiaries and divisions, all of whom may use your information for the purposes disclosed herein.
• Information about our customers, including Personal and Anonymous Information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which Personal and Anonymous Information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
• We reserve the right to disclose your Information if required to do so by law (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your Personal Information, and in order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies allows us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access Lightboxes, etc. We also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs and is used for statistical analysis purposes.
5. Cookies offer you many conveniences:
• They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access Lightboxes and shopping carts and view their previous invoices.
• Cookies save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
• Cookies allow us to deliver personalized content to you, including search results and interest-based targeted advertising.
• Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
• Cookies remember your preferences when using the site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. Links to other websites :
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other third party websites, including retail websites. We are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy policies of third party websites. No warranty is made with respect to other sites, their security, or the content they contain, and we take no responsibility for them. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the third party website in question.
7. Controlling your Personal Information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
• We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive daily updates or newsletters, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Website is not directed at anyone under the age of 18 and we do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not use or enter information on this site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use this Website without the supervision of your parent or guardian. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Storage and Transfer of Information:
10. Contact Information:
You can contact Great Bowery by emailing email@example.com or by phone at 212-365-9905, or by postal mail at:
Great Bowery Inc., Legal Department, 190 Bowery, New York, NY, USA.